Getting the Most from Lesson Observation
Getting the most from observing colleagues’ lessons.
This half-day workshop helps staff and SLT explore and generate ideas about what will be the most valuable process. The aim is for staff to generate a version of what the school’s guidance/policy on Lesson Observation will be — ie practical, relevant and with procedures and agreed outcomes.
- Should there be different types of observation?
- Who observes whom?
- Advantages for observer and for observed?
- What am I looking for?
- What recording paperwork is necessary? — examples discussed.
- How do I feedback? — Verbal? Written? — examples discussed.
- Practice using Lesson video(s).
“Excellent. I learned a lot. Reflection is a very helpful process and it was good to have space created within the inset to do that in a guided manner.”
Taunton Senior School
To book a training event, please call 07968 831 660 to speak directly to David Thomson, or click the button below.
“Better never ends” W E Demming