Invigorate, inform and inspire.
INSET is available as one-day, half-day or residential events or as one and two year on-going staff development programmes that are planned tightly to your needs. These events generate personal development in professional settings using a range of tools, psychometric instruments and a recognition of the importance of good humour in creating powerful learning experiences.
COURSES are presented in central venues for teachers from schools nationally to attend. Please watch the website for announcements. Previous events selected from the wide range of Futuremind Inset titles, have included ‘You’ve Got Style’, ‘Effective Questioning’, ‘Handling Difficult Conversations’ and ‘Outstanding Teachers Do This!’
CONFERENCES are run on a bi-annual basis and provision events have included teaching and learning, leadership and mindfulness.
- Deepen understanding and improve practice.
- Create new energy, expertise and insight in classrooms.
- Develop a unified yet discerning approach to child-centred learning within and between departments and age-groups across the school.
- A ‘deeper’ psychological focus integrates personal effectiveness and generating higher levels of selfawareness.
- New knowledge and time for reflection create improvement in classroom and leadership practice.
- Action planning on what to do next and inventing new ideas to try out tomorrow or next week provide an on-going legacy from the training event for future evaluation.
David Thomson has a long association with IAPS. He has designed and delivered IAPS courses for teachers and leaders, produced a roadshow on study skills and presented to the annual heads’ conference, to the IAPS Directors of Studies conference and to the Preparing for Headship course.
David has also presented to the Society of Heads annual conference.
“David’s knowledge and understanding of how to get the best out of teachers and pupils is first class. This was a most stimulating and interesting session that created much healthy discussion for weeks after.