Managing Change? Introducing new practices? Stressed?
‘Handling Conflict’ is a unique course that strengthens your skills in managing difficult encounters. It focuses on the behaviours that arise in conflict (from mild to severe) and offers practical guidance on what to do. It encourages the discussion of specific cases provided by participants and provides a day where you can learn from colleagues facing similar challenges and working with resistant colleagues, governors, parents. This course is also available for office and admin staff, many of whom are on the front line.
- A practical workshop dealing with ‘live’ scenarios
- Calls on the actual experiences and reflections of each delegate
- Chart yourself and your ‘difficult person’ (‘DP’)
- Understanding and identifying patterns of difficult, resistant and aggressive behaviour for self and ‘DP’
- Guides for Action e.g., How to Confront, Responding to anger etc
- Action plans and evaluation
“David was an excellent trainer, with a very engaging manner and lots of practical advice drawing on his diverse background in schools and in other sectors.”
King’s School Macclesfield
“Ten out of ten in all aspects”
Director of Studies
“Fast pace, informative and Thought-provoking.”
To book a training event, please call 07968 831 660 to speak directly to David Thomson, or click the button below.
“Better never ends” W E Demming